Tuesday, November 13, 2012

wet n wild lip liners

Fall favorite beauty tip:



As 2012 rolls on we find that the bright and bold colors of Spring and Summer easily transfer into Fall with only slight adaptations. Though the shades are still bold, this season introduces darker, deeper and richer tones . I'm currently having a love affair with the deep merlots, dark berry reds and the warm chestnut colors. Though one of my favorite lipsticks still remains Lancome's Red Haute, it's price tag of $22.50 turns my once guilty pleasure into something of an expensive splurge (I'll save it for my next retail therapy session). 

Justin likes to remind me of the money I spend on makeup (I normally reciprocate by comparing the cost of my makeup with the cost of his golf game...I win).  Needless to say, his comments started me thinking...could I cut the cost of my makeup spending without cutting quality?

The answer, OF COURSE! Ladies, the answer for savings lies in substitution. Swap that expensive tube for lip liner of the the same shade.  Not only does it last all day, it also comes at a whopping $0.99!!!!!!!!!! Simply line your lips first and then use the same pencil to fill in the rest. This method also keeps your color from smearing and running to the outsides of your lips, something even my favorite lipsticks used to do.

I've stocked myself with every lip liner my local drugstore sells! Ten new shades at half the price of ONE of my Lancome lipsticks. I'm no poker player, but I definitely hit the jackpot!

The lip liner method with a topcoat of gloss




No comments:

Post a Comment