Thursday, January 10, 2013

Heathy tip to Heathy hair..

Healthy tip to Healthy hair 


             No matter where I go, when people find out that I am a hair stylist, I am always asked questions like...  What can I do to keep my hair from getting so dry? How can I get my hair to grow longer? Can you tell me how to get rid of frizz? Well ladies, I'm going to let you in on a little secret ingredient that truly performs hair miracles and best of all you can find it right in your kitchen. Coconut oil.

             I stumbled across this not too terribly long ago; I just wish I had known about it when I was still in high school...a time when I was doing some serious damage to my hair. Nonetheless, it's proven to be one of my greatest arsenals against dryness, frizz and the like. 

          Studies have shown that coconut oil has the ability to penetrate the hair shaft and work its way through all layers of the hair strand. It helps reduce loss of protein, and aids in regaining your hair’s natural oil and moisture, all the while keeping hair healthy and shiny. 

Coconut Oil as Hair Conditioner

For deep conditioning, coconut oil is best applied directly to your hair. At room temperature it will solidify but the second you put some in your hands it will begin to melt. Apply this to your hair right after shampooing. Put half a teaspoon of coconut oil in your palms and rub your hands together. Run your hands through your hair, concentrating on the tips. Try to avoid putting any oil on the roots of your hair or on your scalp, doing so will make your hair look greasy and oily. For deep conditioning, you may consider wrapping your head in a shower cap after you’ve applied the oil and leave it on for half an hour. After that, rinse your hair thoroughly with water. I'd also like to add that when my husband is away on business I will sleep with the coconut oil in my hair, with a shower cap over my hair of course, and a towel on top of my pillow (can't be too careful. Plus, when given the opportunity I will make a mess) 
I buy LouAna Coconut Oil from Winn Dixie 31.5 ounces at a time, and it will last you forever. GOOD LUCK!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment