Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bringing Me Joy


Hey guys! I missed my “Bringing Me Joy” segment last week and yesterday (we’ll just chock that up to my crippling procrastination, I’ll get a handle on it one day lol) but no better time than the present to reflect on all the beautiful things that are bringing me joy.  It’s remarkable how the smallest things can make such an impact on your happiness, a truth that can be somewhat comforting in not-so-groovy times.  Although, as I write this I wonder, am I the only one that becomes giddy over a new bottle of fun nail polish - certainly not.  I think that’s the wonder of the human element.  We humans have an insatiable desire to be filled with happiness; to “runneth over.” Is that not the motivating factor for all that we do (Don’t you just love how something so seemingly simple entices you to think critically?)? 
I believe it’s necessary to allow yourself to be swallowed up in rejoicement (even if you’re feeling particularly undeserving – we all do from time to time).  The Law of Attraction (if you abide by the LOA) states that, “like attracts like” or happiness attracts more happiness if you will. While I’m not 100% certain about all the things under the LOA umbrella, I have to agree that it does represent some universal truths; happiness does attract more happiness and vice versa.  Thus, it makes perfect sense to recognize and appreciate the people, places and things that are propelling you down a joyous path.  For this reason, I’ve dedicated one day a week to exploring every avenue that is bringing me more happiness and I encourage you to do the same.  I want to know, what makes you giddy?  What inspires you to radiate with joy? Feel free to read my personal inspirations as of late, they are in no particular order but rest assured they fill my cup.

1.     Scarves: Is it just me or do scarves make every outfit look and feel complete?  They are my go-to accessory to either dress up a casual outfit or dress down something fancy.  I particularly love that you can find them in so many different patterns and textures.
2.     Outdoor Adventures: The husband and I recently spent a day out on the Rainbow river kayaking.  Now, I’ve never been the outdoorsman (part of the reason why my parents never took my sister and I camping) but this was truly a wonderful experience.  I may be finding that my tastes for the outdoors are changing (I guess this is good news for mom and dad).  More about that experience later, I’m just glad I’ve discovered that it’s something outdoorsy that I enjoy.
3.     Anything DIY – Okay, I have to admit this, I’m a little addicted to Pinterest.  I have an affinity for anything DIY.  Honestly, who wouldn’t want to spend less money to make something that looks as if it’s store bought?  I have found that I just love the act of creation, I just love to make things, beautiful things!!  Last night I crocheted a beanie for the first time after watching a DIY video on youtube (look out for photos later on).
4.     My new Macbook – As against purchasing a new computer as I was, I’m willing to admit that I’m finding it pretty awesomely convenient.  I no longer have to blog from my phone or other computers because now I have my very own!  It’s also allowing me to stay connected to family, friends and clients.    
5.     Ponytails – Oh hair, how I love when you’re pulled up out of my face in a stylish ponytail.  Ponytails are a classic way to keep your look fresh and pulled together. If you take no other advice from me take this advice Classic is ALWAYS in style. More in depth info on ponytails to come!
Do you find current happiness in any of the things I just listed?  Yes, no, maybe? Either way I want to know what things bring you joy, leave a comment, sharing is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment